I’m an illustrator and printmaker based in Leeds, Yorkshire. In the past few years my style has evolved into drawing highly detailed, black and white images of architecture and streetscenes. Sometimes these are left as stand alone drawings, other times digitally combined with colour, and other times converted into printmaking.
Projects and commission over the years include:
- Various personal commissions of Leeds based buildings, people’s homes, Whitby, a record shop.
- Illustration of William Henry School for use in events and leaving gift.
- Produced the custard cream and pink wafer footstools with the custard cream design being featured in Sunday Times Magazine, Homes and Antiques and The Lady among others.
- Humans of Leeds illustration for online blog.
- Range of cards sold online and in Yorkshire based shops.
- East Street Arts – commissioned to produce 2 pieces for new libraries in Chapeltown & Harehills in Leeds.
- Waterstones gift card winning design selected to use in stores nationwide.
- Carlton Books – illustrated educational children’s book “Big Book of Baddies”. 11 double page spreads, back and front cover, back of playing card design incorporating character design. Published in 2008.
- Other clients include Catch 22 magazine, Vibrations Magazine and Touchnote cards.
COMMISSIONS & PROJECTS:
exhibitions & awards:
I’ve exhibited in various venues locally and nationally including being shortlisted for a few prizes:
- art@roundhay park – the English Art Co. 2018/19
- Secret Art Project for St Gemma’s Hospice – exhibition and auction 2018
- shortlisted for the Haworth Art Prize 2016-the Mall Galleries, London
- Leeds Print Festival, 2016
- shortlisted for the Flourish Award 2015-West Yorkshire Print Workshop
- shortlisted for the neo:artprize 2015-neo:gallery, Bolton
- shortlisted for the Haworth Art Prize 2015-The Mall Galleries
- Leeds Print Fair-most years.
- Nicholls Delicatessen, Leeds, ongoing
- Pudsey Wellbeing calender competition and exhibition 2015, Leeds
- St Gemma’s Open Art Exhibition, Leeds, several occasions
- Others including Inkwell, Waterstones, Arts Cafe, Shine Business Centre, the Compton Centre, the Reginald Centre, Leeds Art Gallery Open Exhibition (all in Leeds), Canvassing Spurs (London), Contemporary Prints 3 ( London Print Studio), Liberte D’Expression (London).